An Ancient Approach to Cultivating and Harnessing the Vital Forces of Change
Saturday October 27, 201210:30am – 9:00pm, Fee $150 with Gisela Wendling, Ph.D.
Please arrive early (doors open 10am) for registration. We will start on time! Bring your lunch. Dinner will be provided.
This program is sponsored by GraceWorks Events at 35 Century Lane, Petaluma, CA 94952.
RSVP or call (707) 765-2313
You are invited to spend a day deepening your understanding of transformative change and move forward with a significant change that is currently impacting your life. Indigenous and contemporary perspectives will support our engaging in intuitive and ceremonial practices to explore personal and collective patterns of change. We will work with the tensions that lie at the threshold of transformative change and gain deeper insight into our own lives as well as of the lives of others. We will end the day with a fire ceremony supporting each person’s intention and the momentum of change they have gathered over the course of the day.
This time, especially the year 2012, holds a special meaning for many people. Whatever your belief may be, there is a pervasive sense that we are moving through a unique window of opportunity to create positive change through our individual and collective actions. The workshop hosts, Marien Grace and Bruce Terrell, and the workshop leader Gisela Wendling hold the intention that this workshop is a small but powerful contribution to this greater movement of change that is afoot.
At the thresholds of transformative change, the old gives way to the new. These thresholds are marked by mounting tensions that are part of letting go, entering uncertainty, envisioning what is possible and stepping toward this vision. These tensions can be experienced as generative and exciting but also as challenging, and at times even frightening. Effectively working with these tensions is essential to bring about the necessary momentum and energy to give birth to the new. In a world that is changing at an unfathomable pace and seemingly unpredictable ways, the phases and patterns of change have become less recognizable and change processes are often left incomplete. For some, feeling stuck and unable to move forward has become a common experience; for others the movement forward seems rapid but no deep change is really occurring.
Rites of Passages are an archetypal approach to working with change. Traditional cultures, especially indigenous cultures, for millennia have practiced Rites of Passages to guide their people and their communities across the uncertain waters of change. During this workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
Apply an adapted rites of passage framework to a current experience of change in your personal or professional life or practice as facilitators of change.
- Understand the archetypal patterns and phases of transformative change.
- Discover what may be, for you, the best approach to work through the phase of change you are in.
- Feel the excitement that comes with more clearly seeing the path ahead.
- Identify and begin working with new or forgotten inner or outer resources that can assist you in your transition.
- Explore the criticality of supporting each other as change agents as we stand at the threshold of transformative change not only in our own lives, but also with our clients, and alongside members of our local and global communities.
- Gain a feel for your unique patterns of engaging and responding to change in different domains of your life.
- And finally, welcome, honor and work with the spiritual dimensions of change that are critical to the transformative process but are beyond usual explanations and the shear power of our will.
The river of change can carry you, your clients, and others with whom you work forward at a pace and as profoundly as you and they are ready and willing to engage it. Knowing how to work with the challenging and creative tensions during each phase of the change process is essential. While this workshop is only a day, the archetypal and indigenous wisdom embedded in working with Rites of Passages has the potential to significantly shift how you experience and work with change throughout your life.
These events are sponsored by Marién Grace of GraceWorks Events. She creates, promotes and hosts gatherings that energize a field of love and magic, so that Life will reflect the same. GraceHearth Petaluma, 35 Century Lane, California 94952