Competence in leadership is inextricably linked to the capacity of organizations to create and sustain a viable future — for themselves, their clients, and the communities in which they are embedded.
Leaders frequently find themselves navigating a new learning edge in order to meet the changing needs of their organizations, to deliver specific business results, to adjust or increase their influence or to move along their leadership trajectory. Through a custom-designed leadership development plan and coaching process, Gisela engages leaders at their current learning edge and supports them to gain the knowledge and skills they need to achieve results and grow their leadership capacity.
Gisela’s approach is personal and direct. She focuses on maximizing learning by challenging the leader to go beyond the familiar and ‘safe’ and functions as a compassionate and respectful ‘mirror’ while guiding the learning process. Gisela draws on two decades of experience in the field of organization and leadership development in her capacity as an effective thought partner. She has a deep respect for the responsibility that leaders shoulder and is a stable and encouraging presence on their leadership path.
Leadership competency is developed in four domains: Personal Mastery, Strategy, Change, Culture
- Personal Mastery is the ability to use oneself skillfully in demanding leadership situations. Coaching in this domain includes developing leadership presence and style, influencing skills, work-life balance, self-awareness and management, and optimizing work transitions.
- Competence in Strategy is the ability to set a strategic direction and to be accountable for the outcome. Coaching in this area includes: understanding and negotiating formal and informal systems and power structures, strategic planning and thinking, and assessing and managing resources.
- A leader demonstrates competence in Change when successfully initiating and guiding change and maintaining stability where needed. Coaching in this domain supports leaders to increase their understanding, ability to manage and guide change initiatives, and to assess and address the systemic and social impact of the change.
- Culture reflects the implicit values, norms and belief systems that shape how work in an organization gets done. The level of employee engagement and collaboration, the way decisions are made, how employees are supported to learn and develop and how they are evaluated and rewarded are key characteristics of an organizational culture. Coaching in this domains supports leaders to model the best of the organizational culture and to positively influence and shape it.
We are meant to develop, grow and change. It is the nature of being human.
Invariably we all come to places in our lives that requires us to change. Whether the change you are in is one our have chosen or is imposed on you, within it lies the opportunity for transformational development. This journey requires leaving behind the familiar, encountering the less known, and becoming re-oriented and prepared for what is next. Along the path we face challenges, gain insights and encounter complex emotions: loss, overwhelm, confusion and perhaps even fear as well as creativity and joy.
Drawing on her research and insights into human development, rites of passages, and experiences with indigenous cultures, Gisela partners with you to design and navigate your own unique passage through the territory of change. Purposefully working with the phases and thresholds that mark your particular journey will move you beyond the “emotional roller coaster ride ” to gain greater visibility of your path ahead, problem solve what needs attention and set tactical and long term goals. You will expand your self-awareness, develop your emotional maturity and spiritual intelligence.
Gisela deeply trusts her clients’ innate ability to find the gifts and the wisdom that lie deep within the developmental process, and she helps you bring these gifts to bear on your personal and professional life.
Liminal Pathways offers coaching packages for organizations and organizational leaders. These packages use a standard format but can be customized to meet the specific needs of the client and the organization. Standard coaching packages include:
- An assessment and feedback process
- A development plan
- A series of coaching sessions to be scheduled over the course of six months
- Meetings with HR. or the client’s manager for initial contracting
- Mid-way and closing reports to the client and manager, depending on agreement.
Private coaching is offered on a per session basis. An agreement with the client is established up front about the coaching need and desired outcomes, commitment to a certain duration, and the evaluation of the learning and development process. Customized development plans can be included.